Thursday, September 11, 2008

HURRICANE IKE

Okay one thing I never knew about Houston, a city less than 3 hours from Austin, is that they have a hurricane season! Are we joking people? Twice now, we've been threatened with these hurricanes and been told to evacuate-the last one, Gustav (which conveniently came right smack in the middle of the Republican Convention :) brought this glorious breeze to the stagnant, sticky Houston air. Gustav was a bust and a blast!! We sat in a hot tub as the wind blew strongly, and that was the extent of the intimidating GUSTAV. Happy labor day to me, sucks for everyone who evacuated. Quit freaking out people, it's a natural disaster, embrace it!!!

Now comes Ike. Personally, Ike is proving to be very inconvenient for me cause Davo and I were planning to go to Austin, pack all my crap and move it to Houston. Unfortunately, everybody and their dog is evacuating to Austin and I'm pissed about having to drive next to psychos on the road who are trying to outrun a hurricane that will most likely never hit. I understand, "Better to be safe than sorry after Katrina." That's what everyone keeps saying. It was the levies people!!! If a hurricane is coming, stay home, put on your swimsuit and get ready for a good time! I'm not gonna laugh this time when IKE never hits, cause I'll be the kid driving the UHAUL to Houston going a mile an hour with all the other idiots who are coming back into Houston/Galveston on Sunday-and ten bucks says, Houston wont even get rain. Who knows, maybe I'll eat my words-we'll see.

7 comments:

Leah said...

"Pride comes before a fall." Sarah, no offense, but you against the hurricane, and I am going to pick the hurricane. Please don't die. That would be a tragedy, and you would eat your words. Please do come to Austin and let me come to your house and get my book. Also, I don't think any of the republicans mind that the convention was shortened by Gustav. I am actually thankful that it didn't happen at the DNC. If it had, we'd have to hear the media and the rest of the dems complain about how it was the government's fault and that George Bush himself actually created the hurricane and made it hit land during their convention. Don't deny it. :) Hahaha. Meanwhile, we both know that I love you and all of your liberal friends. And while I pray that God has mercy on you, I also know that I need this mercy myself. That was a really long comment. The end.

Kelsi said...

hahahah to leah's comments about the DNC

Anonymous said...

How do those words taste now?
with love,
Mariam

AntheaElise said...

Are you full from all those words you ate? Or can you even read this post because you don't have electricity? :) love you a million times over baby.

Rachel Erwin said...

are you even alive right now??? You need to do a follow-up post so that we know you are okay. :)

Brittany Smith said...

Hurricane.

sarah said...

Yea, I ate my words, and yea, I'm alive. Ike hit and was disastrous. Too bad I wasn't in Houston to enjoy it. Davo and I went to Austin on Friday, it took us 3 hours. not bad.

School was canceled for a week which was a blessing. I got to catch up on work in Austin-not a drop of rain. God bless Austin. Leah, let's not get carried away with the DNC comment, the media would never give George Bush that much credit, He's way too stupid to think of creating a hurricane to throw off the democrats.

just got back to Houston a few days ago and the city is still a mess from the storm. Traffic lights are out, debris is everywhere, and last night I saw an overturned car at Hertz's rent-a-car. Thanks Hertz, but no thanks. You would think this would bring the people of the city together. Nope, at least not on the road-people seem more irritable . yea, apparently it's possible.