Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Something New

I want to take a break from talking and spewing out my own personal opinions-yes, I know it's my blog, but I want to make it interactive. Since the only people who read this thing are my friends, I want to hear what you all think about various topics and issues.

If you can't tell, I'm missing some conversations I could be having with any one of you on any given day about any given topic. So, I'm gonna post a topic or discussion question or something of that nature, and I'm hoping that this blog will serve as a place for everyone to contribute when you feel compelled. These days, I've had a lot of time to think and not speak and what I realize is that I've been in a bit of a bubble all my life (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), and now I have a lot of questions that I want to hear your responses/feedback/opinions on.

Rules:
  1. BRING IT: The blog is called candid communication for a reason-be candid, be honest, be extreme. Bring your thoughts to the table and know that you and your opinions will not be judged.
  2. Don't JUDGE: Judge not, lest you be judged. That's not verbatim from the bible, but you get what I'm saying. This is a forum for all to participate in and in order to really get the variety of opinions that I KNOW exists, I expect the honesty, truth, and respect for others. By all means, disagree with someone's point-Tell me why Barak Obama is not fit to be President, BUT DON'T tell me I am STUPID, or my opinions are stupid for thinking he should be president. we are not all the same and that is why this will hopefully be a wonderful learning exchange where we can all get to know things about this world and the people living in it, that we didn't know before. We're not gonna get there with name-calling, obtuseness, or trying to convert everyone to what we believe.
  3. Above all LOVE: People receive and understand love differently, but all people NEED love. This honest exchange is a way for each of us (who may only understand love how we were shown love or how we give love) to have a greater understanding of individuals and how each one may function a little differently from the other, and ultimately how they receive love.
  4. HAVE FUN: Self Explanatory
K, I'm gonna think of a post now. hehe :) we'll start with something a little easy in order to stimulate the conversation.

No comments: